This abandoned building by the sea is what's left from the village of Kirovsky in the Russian region of Kamchatka. Kirovsky was a fishing village founded in 1907, getting its name a few years later by the Bolshevik leader Sergey Kirov.
Korovsky's economy suffered during the "drift-net disaster" in the late 1950s - early 1960s when the growing drift-net fishing by Japanese vessels led to the sharp decline of fish in the region. Many fishing villages disappeared, among them Kirovsky which was abandoned in 1964. The nearby town of "new Kirovsky" was also abandoned in 1987, just before the fall of the Soviet Union.
SEE ALSO: More abandoned houses around the world // More abandoned places in Russia // LIST OF ALL DESERTED PLACES
For more deserted places, LIKE US on Facebook and FOLLOW US on twitter
(Click here for the full post)