Thursday, August 4, 2016

Tiki Palace: An abandoned Playboy mansion in Tennessee

The Tiki Palace party mansion was built in Chattanooga, Tennessee in 1972 by strip-club tycoon Bully Hull. A Playboy bunny shaped swimming pool just off the main entrance is the focus of the 5,600 sq foot 3-bedroom mansion.

The Tiki Palace mansion fell into disrepair when its owner was nicked for income tax evasion. He was later convicted of hiring an assassin to kill his wife's lover, a crime which landed him a 20-year prison sentence. 

Recently the mansion has been ravaged by vandals who have smashed its interior which had remained almost intact since Tiki Palace would host parties in the 70's and 80's. 





SEE ALSO: More abandoned houses around the world // More abandoned places in Tennessee // More abandoned places in the United States // LIST OF ALL DESERTED PLACES 
For more deserted places, LIKE US on Facebook and FOLLOW US on twitter



(Click here for the full post)


























~

7 comments:

  1. This is incorrect. The tiki palace is actually located in Chattanooga, TN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad. The source I used (The Sun, UK) mentioned incorrectly that Tiki Palace is in Birmingham, Alabama. I did some more research and added more pics.

      Delete
  2. Me, and my friends found out about this place last summer before it became super popular. It's crazy, we went there before the vandalism, and it looked totally different from the pictures you posted. I did some research a few months ago, and the place is up for demolition :( I feel like this house is apart of Chattanooga's history, and it's very very cool. I haven't heard anything else regarding it, but I probably will look into it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the address of this place? I'm a street photographer and I love places like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25 n crest red Chattanooga. Ive been there multiple times

      Delete
  4. Any one know who to talk to about buying the place and restoring it I'd like to get more info.

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be posted. Thank you.